In 1986 a group of past pupils of Colombo Hindu College got together in London to find a way to help the college and its pupils. The outcome was to start a past pupils association with the following objectives,
- Promote cultural, social educational and religious activities.
- Promote English, other European languages, Computer studies, and Sports activities.
- Organize social gatherings of the past pupils of Colombo Hindu College and their families.
- To share information with old boys associations in other countries.
- To provide financial support for any special projects the school undertake.
We also like to hear from past pupils of Hindu College who are resident in other European countries
This is the largest expatriates Alumni Association of our alma mater. We now have over 300 members and it is growing. We hope this site would provide a great forum to network with your fellow Colombo Hindu boys of the past and the present year. However, when you become a member (only the Alumni are allowed), you will get the access to our private domain where you get to meet the old boys and build your network across the globe.
The purpose of the Alumni Association is to reunite friends from your alma mater around the world and in the process build a strong network. We are currently in the process of expanding our web presence into a communication hub in enabling our members across the globe to reconnect with their friends.
Come join the Alumni Association and be part of an unprecedented network group. We like to encourage our recent graduates to contact us and get involved with the association. We are living in an information age and much of our alumni activities do get accomplished via electronic communication. Consequently, we minimize our physical meetings and yet coordinate our activities as frequently as we could.
60 Conn Smythe Drive, Scarborough, Ontario. M1J 3P5
Phone: (416) 722-3523 | (416) 991-9160
Some enthusiastic past students of Colombo Hindu College Bambalapitiya and Ratmalana assembled in a humble setting at Merrylands, NSW on 25th February 2000 on the aegis of their adored past Principal and thus the Australian Chapter of the Colombo Hindu College Old Students Association was born.
The membership of this Association is open to past Students Bambalapitiya and Ratmalana campuses of the Alma Mater and past teachers. People with special interest with the school are admitted as Associate Members.
- To provide facilities for permanent and temporary residents in Australia, who were past students/teachers of either or both campuses of the school or who have a special interest in them, to meet one another
- To help members in Australia who are in of need of assistance
- To assist the school when there is a need for financial resources
- To organize functions and outings for social and cultures purposes.
- To aid the Alma Mater in times of need and also to help worthwhile causes sponsored by the Alma Mater
Name of the Association referred to as CHOBAA NSW by members and well-wishers in the wider community in Australia. Our Association was established on 10th Of February 2019, by newly elected committee members.
In this constitution, Association means, Colombo Hindu Old Boys Association of Australia – New South Wales Incorporated.
Act means, Associations Incorporation Act 2009.
College means, Hindu College Colombo established in 1951 and located in 77, Lorenz Road, Colombo 4, Sri Lanka.
Management Committee means, the committee, consisting of office bearers and seven other ordinary committee members, who are elected at the Annual General Meeting and has the responsibility of managing the affairs of the Association.
Office Bearers means, members of the Management Committee who hold the position of President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
Ordinary Committee Member means, a member of the committee who is not an office bearer of the Association.
Sub-committee means, any sub-committee appointed by the committee for planning and execution of sports activities, social activities or any other activities as determined by the Management committee.
Member means, a member of the Association who has paid his annual subscription or is a life member of the Association.
Financial Year means, financial year of the Association which begins on the 01 January and ends on the 31 December